This is a resource that has a great amount of help…with the Mental Health Buget getting cut numerous times….I found this one to be most Helpful. If I can help you in any way…please message me…let me know what I can do. Im not sure about other counties…But this one is AWESOME!
WHO WE ARE
HopeSparks is recognized as a leader in Pierce County in the fields of counseling, eating disorder recovery, early education, and support for families in crisis. More than 4,500 individuals turn to our agency in moments of need each year. In some cases, the services we provide save lives.
We strengthen families by inspiring courage and confidence to make a lasting change.
HopeSparks is the first choice of people seeking caring and creative service. We are a leader in providing dynamic, innovative and effective solutions to the challenges facing children, adults and families in Washington. In partnership with the people we serve, HopeSparks staff, volunteers and board members are united in our commitment to provide high quality services through continuous improvement of our professional capabilities and delivery of services.
OUR CORE VALUES
HopeSparks conducts and assesses all of its operations and programs in accordance with the following core values:
- The infinite worth of each person: Each person is a unique and valuable creation.
- Diversity: HopeSparks values diversity in its staff and volunteers as in those we serve.
- Interdependence: Through partnerships we gain insight into our community’s needs and discover methods of address them.
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in each of our unique programs.
- Innovation: Our evolving society calls for creativity in every aspect of our work.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
FAMILY SUPPORT CENTERS
OUR AREA’S NEED
Family Support Services reaches out to approximately 800 low income families throughout the Pierce County area providing resources, education, and advocacy.
The Family Support Program assists families with developing problem solving skills, parenting education, linking them with resources, encouraging ways to support their children in school.
- Self sufficiency through employment
- School readiness and academic success
- Home and child safety
- Strong support systems
- Achieved family goals
- Improved parenting skills
- In-home services
- Setting a goal plan
- Learn about the community resources available
- Parent / family education and skills
- Reducing barriers to education
- Advocacy education
Family Support Services has a 87 % success rate in increased parenting skills. Our program reduces non academic barriers to learning and increases school success, measured by improved attendance, behavior and academic achievement.
- Tacoma Pierce County Health Department
- Tacoma Public Schools
- Puget Sound Educational Service District
- Boys & Girls Club of Pierce County
- Catholic Community Services
- Centro Latino
- City of Tacoma
- First 5 Fundamentals
- Good Samaritan Community Services
- Greater Lakes Mental Healthcare
Bethel Family Support Center
18020 B St
Spanaway, WA 98307
Eastside Family Support Center
3569 East Roosevelt Ave
Tacoma, WA 98404
Hilltop Family Center
2141 South J Street
Tacoma, WA 98405
McKinley Family Support Center
3702 McKinley Ave
Tacoma, WA 98404
HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR FAMILY SUPPORT CENTERS?
Please call Tamie Nielsen at 253. 565.4484 or call one of the locations listed above. We can help your family with whatever you need.